Tuesday, September 25, 2007

You Play to (Barely) Win the Game

Dear Herm Edwards and Carl Peterson,

I apologize for the fact I was so down on your 2007 version of the Kansas City Chiefs. I mean, beating the Vikings this week, honestly, felt good.

Never mind that Dustin Colquitt is still on the field so much, that I'm tempted to drop a struggling LaDanian Tomlinson on my fantasy team and pick up the Chiefs punter (he could rack up tackles you know).

Never mind that KC Wolf tackling a drunken fan that ran on the field was apparently what sparked the offense in the second half. I mean, it's awesome that a seven foot muppet with Zubaz pants can tackle better than either of your corners.

Forget that Larry Johnson STILL hasn't topped 100 yards in a game or scored a touchdown. No need to worry about the fact that your offensive coordinator doesn't pass when there are eight men in the box and doesn't run to the weak side when the other side is over-loaded. I'm sure LJ doesn't mind being highest paid tackling dummy in the league.

You have to love that the team was unravelling to the point that Damon Huard and Larry Johnson were yelling at the coaches on national television. I mean, that's how you motivate a player right? Frustration?

Yes, this all added up to an extremely bizzare 13-10 win. But it was a win none-the-less. I'm sure the defense is grateful that the offense exploded for that 3 extra points this week.

San Diego is next. Maybe you can scratch out a 6-3 win. That would be awesome!

P.S. - I know you're thinking about breaking out the all-white uniforms, Herm. Please don't.

No comments: